Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Principia Prêt-à-Porter

Oi! Look at me! I'm a fucking hypocrite,
And the emperor's new values that I knit,
Supposedly with threads of silver and gold,
Is leaving my morality on a cryogenic hold.

I support equality for every gender,
As long as the women are submissive and tender,
And those that lie in between,
Wait! What? I'm sure there's no such gene.

I've saved the earth since I was 2 feet high,
With plays and concerts and such hue and cry,
And being the pampered beta or beti,
I have a carbon footprint of a super-sized yeti.

Oh but I've done so much for the little ones!
I've bought books and pencils for daughters and sons,
Of the poor and homeless and despondent and unpaid,
While my mom overworked our 14-year-old maid.

I'll grow up to be great and save my land,
In 20 years it'll be clean, shiny, honest and grand,
But since I'm a fucking hypocrite,
I'll steal for now and trash it just a little bit.

6 comments :

  1. blank_confusion said...

    I like :D
    I wish I had your flair :)
    and I will take inspiration :P

  2. Kolor said...

    why?

  3. Abhishek Madan said...

    @Subho
    Its ok, even my guilty conscience pricks me. Anyway, it was a product of a conversation, which in hindsight, was innocently hypocritical.

  4. chicken_dinner said...

    true. good one dude

  5. Sujay S said...

    nice one!

  6. Hitesh Mathur said...

    Dude, you reminded me of the conversation we had in Purple Haze today...and u make me feel like a fucking hypocrite too...