Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Fifth Horseman

Hello there naive mortal, I am the Fifth Horseman.

Of course, you don't believe me, who would. But if you give me just a few minutes, I'll give you the real story, not just the odd bit of general knowledge. So stay with me here.

Long long long ago, before evolution (which I happen to believe in, that creationism thing is bullshit) I was born to a family of horsemen. My dad was a horseman and my mother was a horseman's wife. They came from families of horsemen and horsemen's wives. So naturally I grew up to be a fine young horseman and enrolled into Horseman College. I was an active member of YHCA (Young Horseman's Christian Association) and did very well in college, graduating with a 10.00 CGPA.

One of my best friends was Lucifer, he was a real devil's son. No, really, he was the devil's son. So when his Dad came along with his company, Apocalypse Inc., I tried to flex my evil arm and asked him for a job. He asked me a few rather simple question and lo! I had a job.

I was overjoyed. Along with me were four other horsemen. Lucifer said his Dad had other plans for him and we bid farewell, after which he descended into the Pit of Hate, the snazzy new nightclub his Dad had started.

We were sent a letter each telling us about our profiles. The other four, who were Conquest, War, Famine and Death were recruited for the working committee, which meant they were supposed to go kill people. Not really a job I'd fancy to tell you the truth. I hate getting my hands dirty and blood really scares me.

I was a part of their PR and Marketing team, I was supposed to convince people that what the other four were doing was for their good and too make sure that the other guys didn't look to bad. Conquest was a great guy, the smartest of the bunch, real bright chap. War was rather quiet and aloof. Famine and Death went hand in hand, they were inseperable, and always played practical jokes on me. If Famine didn't get you, Death sure would.

The great thing about working for the Devil was the day you got recruited you were granted immortality. Also the Employee Stock Options were really good, they made up for the bad food we heard.

Soon enough the other four got to work. They became rather infamous and sell-out bands wrote songs about them. I on the other hand waited long for what the people over at Horseman Resource (HR) called the Offer Letter along with the joining date..

I waited and waited and waited.

It never came, well at least not till today. In fact, when Conquest quit, the recruited Pestilence inspite of my protests, I said I want to be one of them now. But HR wouldn't listen. They said "have patience!". Those bastards are so popular now, I play WoW I see them, they're at the movies, on TV, everywhere!! Its sickening to know I could've been them.

Sometimes I just wish I could go to another firm, but once your in this deep into doom and stuff its difficult to get recruited. Plus no one believes my age, and when I tell them I'm waiting for Apocalypse Inc. and that I'm the fifth horseman they call security.

I guess I'll write HR people another mail.