Monday, December 29, 2008

Phantom of the Opera

One a soap, two a soap, three a soap, four,

The in-laws claim Parvati bhabhi is a whore,

Five a soap, six a soap, seven a soap, eight,

Poor Shanti falls for the vamp's wicked bait,

Meanders to a nine and finally a tian,

Destroy Ekta Kapoor to save all that is Indian.

But as the crow flies and donkey brays,

That would destroy my semester holidays,

For if you analyze there is much bother,

In an unentertained grandmother,

So I bless that twisted lass,

For the occasional kinky saas.

And I pledge to shield my kid's eyes,

From these soap operas I so despise,

It may transform the wife to a vixen and the husband to a mouse,

Ergo it must stay away from my house,

For my future would look rather bleak,

If she could maul while I only squeak.

6 comments :

  1. Appu said...

    Where is the disclaimer for the poem ;-)????

  2. Mottled mosaic said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  3. Mottled mosaic said...

    Now thats what I'm talkin' aboot!

  4. Sameen said...

    I can't believe you used to watch those soaps...and to add to it you write about them!! But it's really good..I like the sing song effect that all your poems have!

  5. Abhishek Madan said...

    I don't watch them!

  6. Sameen said...

    Oh! Thank heavens! :)